The US dollar slightly strengthened against a basket of major currencies. However, the US currency is still under pressure after the publication of the FOMC minutes. Some Fed representatives believe that it is not necessary to rush to a further increase in interest rates in the current year. Yesterday, the head of the US Central Bank announced that the regulator would take into account the state and risks in the global financial markets when adjusting monetary policy. The dollar index (#DX) closed yesterday in the positive zone (+0.35%).
Today, during the Asian trading session, a report on the volume of retail sales has been published in Australia, the figure counted to +0.4% in November and was better than the forecasted value of +0.3%. We expect important statistics from the UK and the US.
The “black gold” prices continue to show positive dynamics. At the moment, futures for the WTI crude oil are testing the mark of $53.15 per barrel.
- Yesterday, the bullish sentiment was observed in the US stock market: #SPY (+0.35%), #DIA (+0.45%), #QQQ (+0.29%).
- The 10-year US government bonds yield has become stable. At the moment, the indicator is at the level of 2.72-2.73%.
The news feed on 11.01.2019:
- UK GDP data at 11:30 (GMT+2:00);
- UK manufacturing production at 11:30 (GMT+2:00);
- Core consumer price index in the US at 15:30 (GMT+2:00).