US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo outlined a list of demand for Iran to comply to, and threatened the country with “the strongest sanctions in history” if Iran doesn’t change course.
12 requirements were listed out. Some include:
- Iran must “stop enrichment” of uranium
- Iran must also allow nuclear “unqualified access to all sites throughout the country.”
- Iran must declare all previous efforts to build a nuclear weapon
- Iran must cease from a range of activities throughout the Middle East that have long drawn the ire of the U.S. and its allies.
- Iran must end support for Shiite Houthi rebels in Yemen,
- Iran must “withdraw all forces” from Syria, halt support for its ally Hezbollah and stop threatening Israel.
- Iran must also “release all U.S. citizens” missing in Iran or being held on “spurious charges”.
Pompeo also added that “I know our allies in Europe may try to keep the old nuclear deal going with Tehran. That is their decision to make.” But, ‘they know where we stand.”
Now, it’s time for EU to respond.