Goldman and Citi bank failed to support the US equity markets despite beating expectations. Dollar and gold price both moved lower.
- The S&P 500 started the week on the back foot, it fell 0.25 percent at 15:37 in London.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index maintained its gain and rose 0.09 percent.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index jumped 0.5 percent, touching the highest level in a week.
- advertisement -
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index continued its downtrend and dropped 0.12 percent to 1,192.18.
- The Euro stayed above 1.13 today and gained 0.07 percent, it has achieved its highest level since Draghi’s monetary policy decision.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries dropped one basis point to 2.54 percent.
- Germany’s 10-year yield jumped two basis points to 0.07 percent, touching the strongest level in almost four weeks.
- Gold price remained below 1300 and dropped 0.4 percent to $1,284.03 an ounce.