Facebook faced its first test for its cryptocurrency today at Capital Hill *Sterling dropped off the cliff.
- The S&P 500 failed to move much despite some strong retail US data. The index remained at 3,013 at 15:38 London time.
- The UK 100 index jumped on the back of the Burberry earnings, it gained 0.49%.
- The Stoxx 600 index soared 0.30% and it is up nearly 15.18%.
- advertisement -
- The Dollar Spot Index increased by 0.37% ahead of the Fed chairman’s speech.
- The Euro continued to move lower and dropped 0.39% to $1.1215.
- The British pound dropped off the cliff and the support of 1.24 came under a major threat. It sank 0.71% to $1.2422.
- The Japanese yen declined 0.32% to 108.24 per dollar.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries increased three basis points to 2.12%.
- Germany’s 10-year yield climbed one basis point to -0.24%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield increased by two basis points to 0.80
- increased one basis point to 0.812%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude moved higher 0.45% to $59.65 a barrel.
- Gold dropped 0.07% to $1,411 an ounce.