*Bond yields inverted as investors became anxious about recession. *Beijing produced some soft economic numbers; trade war is clearly impacting China. *Gold back above 1500 mark.
- The S&P 500 Index tumbled due to inverted US treasury yields. The index dropped over 1.47% of 15:15 London time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index dropped due to the poor German GDP data. The index lost 1.61%.
- The UK FTSE thanked over 1.37% and it made a high of 7,145.
- advertisement -
- The Dollar Spot Index dropped 0.31% despite better than expected import prices data.
- The Euro moved also remained under pressure and dropped by 0.19%.and made a low of 1.1156.
- The British pound because the unemployment rate soared. The pair lost 0.02% of its value.
- The Japanese yen moved lower by 1.28% to 106.71.
- The Yield on 10-year Treasuries dropped by nine basis point to a record level of 1.6046%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield fell to 0.46%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude lost 3.59% on global growth concerns.
- Gold became the safe haven trade again. The metal jumped from its low of 1494 to 1518, still below yesterday’s high of 1530. At 15:3 London time, it gained 0.82%