Market movers ahead
- The main news out of the US will be the minutes from the January FOMC meeting; discussions on inflation and fiscal stimulus will be particularly interesting.
- In the euro area the focus turns to PMI and German ifo expectations – both for January. We believe the business surveys have peaked and will move slightly lower from here.
- Other global data to watch will be UK labour market report, Japanese PMI and Chinese house prices.
- In Scandi look out for Swedish inflation data and the oil investment survey and unemployment in Norway.
Global macro and market themes
- There was more fuel for the inflation scare from US core inflation…
- …but stock markets shrugged it off this time, suggesting the sell-off is over. We look for more upside in equities as fundamentals still look robust.
- We see tentative signs of a peak in the global business cycle, but growth is expected to remain solid.
- We expect the rise in bond yields to slow down, but see upside risk on a 12M horizon.