Canadian jobs market is on fire
By the numbers:
- Canada Jul Net Jobs +54,100 From Jun
- Canada Jul Net Jobs Forecast At +17,000
- Canada Jul Full-Time Jobs -28,000; Part-Time +82,000
- Canada Jul Jobless Rate 5.8%; Jun 6.0%
- Canada Jul Jobless Rate Forecast At 5.9%
- Canada Jul Avg Hourly Wages +3.2% From Year Ago
- Canada Labor Force +19,100 In Jul From Jun
- Canada Jul Participation Rate At 65.4% Vs 65.5% In Jun
Job creation flew by market expectations in July as large gains in part-time and public sector positions helped push down the unemployment rate by two-tenths.
Canada added a net +54.1K jobs in July on a seasonally adjusted basis. The market was looking for a net gain of +17K.
Canada’s new jobless rate fell to +5.8% in July, down from +6% in June. The market was looking for an unemployment rate of +5.9%.
The loonie is off from its intraday low of C$1.3122 and currently trading C$1.3062 immediately after the release.