Investors kept their focus on trade talk and Brexit chaos. Sterling remained in free fall and there are strong chances of another referendum
- The S&P 500 Index dropped 0.58% as 14:50 London time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index decreased by 0.63%.
- The MSCI All-Country World Index fell 0.5%.
- The U.K.’s FTSE 100 Index dipped 0.33%.
- advertisement -
- The Dollar Spot Index jumped 0.1% hitting the highest level in nearly 21 weeks.
- The Euro remained below the level of 1.12 and dropped by 0.06%.
- The British pound continued its declined and dropped 0.4% to $1.2745, the lowest point in four months.
- The Japanese yen jumped 0.5% to 109.84 per dollar.
- The yield on 10-year Treasuries dropped three basis points to 2.39%, touching the lowest level in seven weeks.
- Germany’s 10-year yield dipped three basis points to -0.12%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield plunged by five basis points to 1.033%,
- West Texas crude moved higher by 0.49% to $63.17 a barrel, the highest in more than two weeks.
- Gold dropped 0.51% to $1,279 an ounce.