Dollar is trading to regain some ground in European session as markets await FOMC rate decision later today. Though, It’s Australian Dollar which is the strongest one for today so far. Canadian Dollar follows as the second strongest. On the other other hand, European majors are generally lower. There isn’t any special trigger for the weakest for Sterling. The Pound is just starting to feel tired after this week’s strong rally. And, there is no Brexit-positive news to give it another lift. For Euro, it seems the selloffs in EUR/GBP and EUR/AUD are starting to spillover.
In other markets, European stocks are mixed at the time of writing.
- FTSE is up 0.32%
- DAX is down -0.17%
- CAC is down -0.03%
- German 10 year yield is up 0.011 at 0.462
- Italian 10 year yield is up 0.054 at 3.396
Earlier in Asia:
- Nikkei closed up 1.82% at 22486.92
- Hong Kong HSI rose 0.31% to 26227.72
- Singapore Strait Times rose 0.91% to 3093.24
- But China Shanghai SSE dropped -0.22% to 2635.63