Fed Governor Lael Brainard:
- Economic headwinds are shifting to tailwinds
- There will be “substantial” boost from tax cuts and public spending
- “In the earlier period, strong headwinds sapped the momentum of the recovery and weighed down the path of policy.
- “Mounting tailwinds at a time of full employment and above-trend growth tip the balance of considerations.”
- “With greater confidence in achieving the inflation target, continued gradual increases in the federal funds rate are likely to be appropriate.”