China’s State Council release a “White Paper on China-US Economic and Trade Frictions and China’s Position” today. This 36000 words paper consists of six sections, detailing the benefits of the bilateral trade, the economic and trade relations, US protectionism and trade hegemonism, the threat of US practice to world economy and China’s own position.
In particular, the paper condemns the under the “America First” bandwagon, the new US government “abandoned the basic norms of international exchanges such as mutual respect and equal consultation, and implemented unilateralism, protectionism and economic hegemonism.”And the US used different means to “carry out economic intimidation, and impose extreme pressure its own interests impose its own interests on China.” The paper also detailed the new protectionist measures of the US. These include measures that discriminate products of other countries, abused national security investigations, subsidies on local industries.
China’s own position include defending the “dignity and core interests of the country”, “promote healthy trade relationship with the US”, “promote and improve multilateral trade system”, “protect property and intellectual property rights”, “protect rights of foreign businesses in China”, “continue deepening reforms on opening the markets”, work on win-win relationships with developed and developing countries”, etc.
All-in-all, the main message is that China is not going to back down in the trade conflicts. That’s what we get. Below are the links to the details as reported by the official Xinhua (in simplified Chinese). Look like they’re pretty serious.
- China publishes “White Paper on China-US Economic and Trade Frictions and China’s Position”
- The White Paper Explains China’s Eight Stands on Sino-US Trade and Economic Friction
- White Paper: Sino-US economic and trade cooperation is a win-win situation rather than a zero-sum game
- White Papers Discriminate the Six Major Facts of Sino-US Economic and Trade Relations
- White Paper: China’s attitude towards protecting intellectual property rights is firmly
- White Paper: U.S. Government Trade Protectionism Seriously Affects the Normal Development of Sino-US Economic and Trade Relations
- White paper: Trade protectionism ultimately harms US interests
- White Paper: U.S. Government’s Trade Hegemonism has shaken the foundation of the global multilateral trading system
- White Paper: US Government Misconduct Destroys International Economic Order
- White Paper: China firmly protects the legitimate rights and interests of foreign businessmen in China
- White Paper: China Firmly Deepens Reform and Expands Opening