According to the latest “prospect for the UK economy”, NIESR said there is around a one-in-four chance that the country is already in a “technical recession”. The outlook beyond the October 31 Brexit date is “very murky indeed” with possibility of a “severe downturn” in case of a disorderly no-deal Brexit.

The think thank also assign a 40% chance of no-deal Brexit, versus 60% for deal/delay. Even if a no-deal Brexit is avoided, the economy is forecast to growth at around only 1% in 2019 and 2020, as “uncertainty continues to hold back investment and productivity growth remains weak”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.