*Trump’s meeting with Chinese Premier has shifted the risk sentiment for better *Tariff pain could be eased off to some extent *Sterling jumps on Brexit deal hopes *Fed’s Kaplan thinks that another rate cut isn’t necessary
- The S&P 500 jumped 0.55% as of 15:17 London Time. The move was led by the material stocks
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index soared by 0.23%, consumer discretionary sector led the rally with again of 1.95%.
- The SPX VIX index dropped -2.36 and the VSTOXX also fell -2.73%.
- The UK 100 index rose 0.44% and made a high of 7201.
- The Dollar Spot Index was off -0.26% despite some hawkish comments from the Fed member.
- The Euro gained 0.36% against the dollar. The move was mainly led by the ECB minutes which were fairly somewhat hawkish.
- The British Pound spiked 0.52% on the back of news that confirmed some optimism between Johnson and Varadkar.
- The Japanese yen dropped 0.30% to 107.89 per dollar.
- West Texas Intermediate crude jumped nearly 1.31% and made a high of 53.30.
- Gold futures dropped 0.77 percent to $1,493 an ounce.