Market movers ahead
- We see a 60% chance for an interim trade deal between China and the US next week.
- Fed speakers will provide important clues about their policy stance ahead of the October meeting amid higher CPI core inflation.
- ECB minutes will reveal the degree of disagreement about the new easing package and potential future policy responses.
- In the UK, the focus is on the Brexit negotiations between the UK and EU ahead of the 17-18 October EU summit.
- In the Scandi region, inflation readings for September are among the key releases.
- US data have been weak so far, increasing market bets on a Fed cut in October.
- In China, better than expected PMI numbers raise the hope of a better outlook for the Chinese economy.
- UK PM Boris Johnson’s Brexit proposal received a cautious response from the EU.
- SEK extended its losses higher after a dire print for manufacturing PMI.
- Despite the ECB’s easing package, market-based inflation expectations hit a new record low.
- advertisement -