*Dollar continued its higher move on the back of positive Core PPI number; Act 0.3% vs Forecast 0.2% * Trump wants interest rate to drop below zero *Apple lead stocks higher
- The S&P 500 Index was powered by tech stock and gained 0.11%, Nasdaq index advanced 0.41%
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index climbed 0.75%; investors are eagerly waiting for a big bazooka from the ECB.
- The UK FTSE 100 increased 1.03%, 88 stocks moved higher while 12 failed to cross yesterday’s close.
- advertisement -
- The Dollar Spot Index advanced 0.36% and made a high of 98.70.
- The Euro continued to move lower and dropped another 0.48% and made a low of 1.1056. It is likely a dovish tone by the ECB may push the currency below 1.10
- The British pound decreased 0.14% but still above the critical level of 1.20 against the dollar.
- The Japanese yen moved lower by 0.24% to 107.72
- The Yield on 10-year Treasuries dropped by three basis point to 1.7264%.
- Britain’s 10-year yield dropped to 0.639%.
- West Texas Intermediate continued to move higher ahead of its crude inventory data. It gained 0.37%.
- Gold failed to break above the $1,500 mark and gained 0.18%.