*S&P500 approaches an all-time high *Earnings continue to surprise to the upside despite some conflicting signals *Boris Johnson thinks he can get enough support in parliament for the second reading *Gold likely to outperform in the coming weeks
- The S&P 500 continued to move closer to its all-time high but the SPX/Dow ratio falls—a warning sign. The S&P500 increased by 0.11% as of 15:30 London Time.
- The Stoxx Europe 600 Index has recovered its losses from the last week and the index is up 0.11% today.
- The SPX VIX index is back in green, buying insurance is the famous policy amidst investors. The VSTOXX declined by 2.77%.
- The UK 100 index rose 0.60% and made a high of 7220
- The Dollar Spot Index reclaimed some of the lost ground and gained 0.13% and made a high of 97.53.
- The Euro retraced ahead of the upcoming ECB monetary policy meeting. The currency dropped 0.14% against the dollar.
- The British Pound remained below the 1.30 mark and dropped 0.42%. Johnson still hoping to push the bill through parliament.
- The Japanese yen gained 0.06% to 108.51 per dollar.
- West Texas Intermediate crude oil soared 1.16% and made a high of 54.20.
- Gold remained below the 1,500 mark, but the precious metal gained 0.09%.