Yesterday, trading was very active on currency majors. The dollar index (#DX) closed the trading session in the green zone (+0.38%). Investors continue to monitor the situation in the “black gold” market. On Saturday, September 14, there were attacks on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, which led to the loss of more than 5% of the world production of raw materials. The US blames Iran for the attack, Iran denies all charges. We recommend following the current information on this issue.
The Australian dollar has been declining after the publication of the RBA meeting minutes on monetary policy. The regulator is concerned about the state of the global economy and is ready to reduce interest rates further, if necessary. Investors are still focused on trade negotiations between Washington and Beijing, as well as the situation concerning Brexit.
At the moment, oil quotes have become stable after the sharp rally the day before. Futures for the WTI crude oil exceeded the $62 mark per barrel.
- Yesterday, the main US stock indices closed in the negative zone: #SPY (-0.31%), #DIA (-0.52%), #QQQ (-0.45%).
- Currently, the 10-year US government bonds yield is at 1.82-1.83%.
The Economic News Feed for 17.09.2019:
- German ZEW economic sentiment at 12:00 (GMT+3:00);
- ZEW economic sentiment in the Eurozone at 12:00 (GMT+3:00);
- Industrial production in the US at 16:15 (GMT+3:00).